CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

...baby's laughter...

I was lucky enough to spend some time this Thanksgiving in the company of a baby.  This sweet little boy reminded me a lot of my little guy.  My little guy was a very quiet and serious baby. (Although, he did smile at me the day after he was born.  No one else believes me, but he and I were there and we know the truth.)  He wasn't much of a crier and didn't demand your attention.  He spent most of his time looking around at the world and filing everything he saw away for future use.  So, when something would strike this little guy funny it was really funny.  I remember one time when he was about  six months old he was sitting in his car seat.  I started shaking my head at him and in a silly voice said "no, no, no".  Then he would shake his head and laugh and laugh...that glorious guileless laugh that only an innocent is capable of.  Pure, unadulterated comedy.  "Mommy did something I didn't expect and it made me happy."  Just the memory of it makes me want to laugh...and cry at the same time.  That little guy is bigger than me now, but every once in a while Mom will say something that catches him off guard and I love to hear that bit of my little guy squeak out in between the bass range laughter. 

1 comments:

C. Beth said...

What a very sweet post! I think it's awesome that years later you still remember such moments.

You wrote the winning writing yesterday on The One-Minute Writer! Congrats! :)