CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 11, 2008

...School Holiday Programs...


I do my best not to be disturbed when I hear news of school Holiday programs not being able to include any Christmas music. I would like to believe that I am not living in the last bastion of traditional America. You see, last night I conducted a Holiday Program that included "The First Noel", "We Three Kings", "Bidi Bom" (Hanukkah song), and "Do You Hear What I Hear". We also had the Santa songs and "Jingle Bells" thrown in for good measure. The kids wore their Santa hats and the little girls dressed up in their pretty, sparkly red dresses and they sang their hearts out. This is a public school. I am so happy that all the children are getting the opportunity to hear and learn these traditional Christmas songs that bind our generations together. I hope it is still happening in other places also. I am thankful that those who may not share my religious beliefs at least share my enjoyment of this season as a time with a tradition of hope, service, and love.

0 comments: