CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

...giving thanks...

"There are many things I am thankful for

I can find them near and far.
There are many things I am thankful for.
Let me tell you what they are,

I'm thankful for the earth
I'm thankful for the sea
I'm thankful for my friends
and I'm thankful to be me.

I'm thankful for the sun
I'm thankful for each tree
I'm thankful for my home
and I'm thankful to be me.

I'm thankful for my food
I'm thankful to be free
I'm thankful for the stars
and I'm thankful to be me."

The words are simple.  The feelings uncomplicated.  Sung by the sweet voices of K-3 graders the emotion is palpable and cannot fail to touch that place in your heart that yearns for the simple joy that comes when you are just "thankful to be me".

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!




0 comments: