CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 20, 2008

...the Sun...


Recently the sun went missing for a couple of days.  As I was reflecting on how its departure made me feel I had a memory.  When my little ones were really little I would walk them home from school.  On really nice warm days before we went into the house, we would lay on the grass on the front lawn and just soak up the sun for a few minutes.  I don't know what the neighbors thought, but I remember it felt so nice and calming and it was a good transition between school and home.

I have always loved the sun.  Give me a day at the beach anytime.  I have found that getting outside and doing something, anything, will shine up the day for me.  Instead of running from house to car to building on a sunny day, stop...close your eyes...and just feel it for a minute.  I promise it will help.

I have been using the word comfort in my prayers a lot lately and was thinking about other words that could mean the same thing.  A word that popped into my head was "solace".  It is a similar word to comfort, although I think it leans more toward "peace".  I don't know much about the etymology for "solace", but it just does not seem coincidental that a word which means peace and comfort begins with the word for sun...sol.



0 comments: