CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 16, 2008

...finding "The Wizard of Oz" while channel surfing...


"ha ha ha

ho ho ho
and a couple of tra la las
that's how we laugh the day away
in the merry old land of OZ"

...happened upon the scene where they are getting ready to see the Wizard.  Something about this scene always made it one of my favorites.  They curl Dorothy's and the Lion's hair, they polish up the Tin Man, and stuff the Scarecrow with fresh hay.  And something about the green used in this scene makes it the sparkliest green I've ever seen.

I can remember when I was little finding some of this movie unsettling.  I wasn't really sure if I actually liked it.  But, I watched it every year and somehow, back then when you didn't see your favorite movies repeated very often, something was magical about it when it came on t.v.  

Thanks to that magic, I'll happily stop by in the merry old land of OZ, even for a short visit... 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

How we would wait and wait--and be so excited when it finally came back on TV! We're======off to see the Wizard, the wonderful Wizard of OZ!